Thursday, February 17, 2011

Déjà vu

Time to move. I swear, didn't we already do this?

When I say "move" I don't mean from the new performance space, I may be crazy and take on big projects, but even I have my limits. (Plus the sign gets installed Wed! Thanks to the fantastic "Light Us Up campaign") The move of which I speak is our storage/shop. And yes, we did just do this, for a given value of "just" of course.

We were working with Apprentice Players on a the co-production of subUrbia, we were transitioning from one office to another, and I had a family tragedy. Summer of 2009...

And on top of everything else demanding my attention we had to move our shop, on very short-time. How I hated the Summer of 2009. Using volunteers at crazy hours with teams shifting between loading and unloading trucks and straight up demolition. I never thought we'd get it done on time, we did, but somehow I've never been sure how we managed. It seems like a dream, albeit the worst most exhausting dream ever.

2011 is a different beast of course. The new performance space is great, and growing. But logistics once again rear their ugly head, and in the midst of working on the new space, and gearing up for the opening of Glengarry Glen Ross it's once again time to relocate from our current storage/shop digs.

It took over a week last time, but I don't intend to take that long on round two. Despite the short schedule we're better prepared this time, and we don't have nearly as much to do. Load truck-drive down street-unload truck. Simple.

With luck we can put together some good volunteers who like the real life Tetris game of U-Haul packing. Otherwise I'm going to have a lot of set pieces on my back...

Got gloves? Then come on down. Don't have any? You can borrow mine. If anyone would like to help then give us a shout. You can reach us at info@actors-guild.org

In Other News...

Glengarry Glen Ross is right around the corner and I just happened to glance over at our box office site and was taken aback. Wow. I suggest you call early (and often) to make sure you don't miss out. Visit the box office here

A second round of auditions for A Very Merry Unauthorized Children's Scientology Pageant are this Saturday starting at 10am. Looking for some talented young actors. For more information check out the audition page

Speaking of auditions we'll be announcing another set of auditions in the next few days for a show I know people are already getting excited about Belle Brezing.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment